Costa Rica and Roca Bruja!



SURFING Costa Rica!
We finally made it to Costa Rica after a long day of buses and craziness at the border. We are currently at Playa del Cocos, which is a beautiful beach with fantastic sunsets and random downpours of rain. We went on a 9 hour surfin´safari yesterday out to Witch´s Rock (Roca Bruja) and Ollies Point (see Endless Summer 2 if you don´t know what I´m talking about). Caught lots of waves. Trev dropped in on an awesome wave at Witch´s Rock and I got tubed! Crazy boat ride, almost fell out, but we survived all the bumps and wind and waves. Now we must recover from our sunburns and exhausted muscles :)


We climbed part way up a volcano on Isla Ometepe. About 2 hours in, we started climbing literally straight up. Grabbing onto roots and tree branches for our lives as we hoisted ourselves up the muddy slope. Since I was lacking proper nutrition from illness, I cut the trip short after a 1200 foot incline. We made it to a viewpoint and then had to work our way straight down the muddy, slippery slope. Trev won by falling 5 times, but I managed to slide about 10 feet and cover myself head to toe in mud. Luckily there was a broken pipe to wash off with ;)


Ometepe Island with the two Volcanos!






We´re off to Tamarindo this weekend, then to Arenal Volcano!!


Pictures have been updated:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/traveltt/

Comments

Popular Posts