Snow Day in DC & Travel TT Update


Happy Snow Day!
We heard there's a Santa Ana and 80 degree weather in San Diego, however, the East Coast was pounded by a winter storm this week. Luckily living in the city in DC has its benefits - the roads are cleared quickly and there's less snowfall than the surrounding areas. Many homes in Virginia and Maryland lost power when the snowfall on the tree branches became so heavy that the branches broke and knocked over power lines.

DC Public Schools declared today a snow day, so Trev and I made our way to the White House and National Mall. Here was our snow checklist:
  • Make a snowman
  • Make a snow angel
  • Have a snowball fight
We had a productive day and completed all of our tasks :)







Also, good news...I was accepted into UC Santa Barbara's Ph.D. in Education (with an emphasis in Teaching and Learning and a specialization in Technology and Society) program starting this Fall 2011. Trev and I will be moving back across the country to the warm beaches of the West Coast. Trev plans on finding a teaching job in one of the local schools. I already have a spot in a research lab where I will be assisting a professor who is studying the use of technology to empower individuals to address educational access and equity.


Next Adventures:
We are off to visit Philadelphia next weekend, so stay tuned for more stories and photos.

Comments

Popular Posts